The rights to any images, footage, characters, scenarios, music or other copyrighted materials that make up the NieR series as described below (henceforth, the “Series” ) belong to Square Enix Co., Ltd. (henceforth, the “Company”), or are used by the Company with permission from the relevant copyright holder(s). Adapting, modifying or re-producing such content without Company’s prior permission is prohibited.
The Company reserves the right to change the content of these guidelines without prior notice and cannot be held responsible in any way for any damages incurred as a result of such changes.
The following content is included within the definition of the “Series”:
- NieR Replicant
- NieR Gestalt (released under the title “NIER” in some territories)
- NieR Re[in]carnation
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
(1) Use of Derivative Works for commercial purposes is forbidden, regardless of whether such use is paid for or not.
(2) Do not directly re-use any unchanged assets (illustrations, videos, scenarios, sound, music etc.) from the Series. Tracing is also prohibited, even if you do the tracing yourself.
(3) Do not falsely represent that a Derivative Work originated from the Company or the Series. In addition, do not engage in any activities or add any annotations that could cause the mistaken impression that a Derivative Work is official.
(4) Do not take any actions that could harm the image of the Series, violate public moral decency or overstep what is permitted within normal societal boundaries.
(5) Do not slander others.
(6) Do not use content for which the rights are partially or entirely owned by a third party (i.e., an entity other than the Company), such as content from series collaboration events, in Derivative Works.
(7) You must comply without delay with any request from Company to remove a Derivative Work or cease the use of such Derivative Work,
Derivative Works are produced and used at the creator’s own responsibility and risk.
The Company makes no guarantees regarding the use of the Series based on these guidelines, including that the Series does not infringe upon the rights of third parties. In addition, the Company cannot be held responsible in any way for damages or disputes with third parties arising from the creation of Derivative Works based on these guidelines and will not provide compensation or similar for such.
Date issued: April 15th, 2021